Dentures – Get a Smile That Can Change Your Life!
- Give us a call to learn more about our dental implant procedures, we offer several different options and types
- We have a simple and straightforward dental implant process
- Dental insurance can make the entire procedure much more affordable, contact us to discuss prices and our process
- Dr. Jim Deschene is a trusted local denture expert and he will explain all of your options in detail during the initial exam
- If you have problems with your current dentures, we can help repair them
- We provide the best denture care in the Larimer County area, we are top rated based on Google reviews
A denture or a complete denture as it is often called, is an appliance that is inserted in the mouth, replaces natural teeth and provides support for the cheeks and lips.
Most dentures are made of acrylic and can be fabricated in two different ways.
- A conventional denture is made after all teeth have been extracted and the tissues (gums) have healed.
- An immediate denture is fabricated and inserted immediately after the teeth are extracted and the tissues are allowed to heal under the denture.
- An upper denture has acrylic, usually flesh colored, that covers the palate (roof of the mouth).
- A lower denture is shaped like a horseshoe to leave room for the tongue.
The teeth are made of plastic, porcelain or a combination of both. Dentures can be fabricated to fit over endodontically treated teeth and a complete denture can be attached to dental implants to allow for a more secure fit of the appliance.
Dentures over a normal course of time will wear and need to be replaced or relined in order to keep the jaw alignment normal. The alignment will slowly change as the bone and gum ridges recede or shrink due to the extraction of the teeth. Regular dental examinations are still important for the denture wearer so that the oral tissues can be checked for disease or change.