Emergency Dental Care
Contact Berthoud Dental Care today
to learn more about our Berthoud dental services.
Here at Berthoud Dental Care, we know that accidents happen. Whether you’re playing sports, out on a date, or just enjoying life, sometimes dental emergencies occur when we least expect them. That’s why we offer emergency dental care for our patients in Berthoud, CO.
If you have a dental emergency, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We will do everything we can to get you into our office as soon as possible. In the meantime, here are some tips for common dental emergencies.
Types of Dental Emergencies
There are several types of dental emergencies that we see at our office. Here are some of the most common:
- Broken tooth: If you have a broken tooth, try to find the broken piece and bring it with you to your appointment. If you can’t find it, that’s okay – we will still be able to help. Rinse your mouth gently with warm water and apply a cold compress to your cheek to reduce swelling.
- Knocked-out tooth: If your tooth has been knocked out, try to find the tooth and bring it with you to your appointment. Handle the tooth by the crown (the part that is usually visible in your mouth) and avoid touching the root. If possible, gently insert the tooth back into its socket and hold it there with a clean piece of gauze. If that is not possible, place the tooth in a cup of milk or salt water until you can get to our office.
- Toothache: Rinse your mouth gently with warm water and floss around the affected tooth to remove any food particles that might be causing the pain. You can also take over-the-counter pain medication like ibuprofen to help manage the pain until you can get to our office.
- Abscessed tooth: An abscessed tooth is a serious infection that needs immediate treatment. Rinse your mouth with warm water and apply a cold compress to your cheek if it is swollen. Do not attempt to drain the pus yourself – this can lead to further infection. Make an appointment with us right away so we can drain the abscess and prescribe antibiotics if necessary.
- Cracked or chipped tooth: Rinse your mouth gently with warm water and apply a cold compress if there is swelling. Try to find any pieces of the tooth that may have broken off and bring them with you when you come in for your appointment
Contact Us Today!
What Can I Expect When I Come In for Emergency Dental Care?
When you come into our office for emergency dental care, we will do everything we can to see you as quickly as possible. We understand that dental pain can be debilitating, so our goal is always to get you out of pain and on the road to recovery as soon as humanly possible. Depending on your specific situation, we may take x-rays, clean your teeth, prescribe medication, or provide some other form of treatment.
At Berthoud Dental Care, your smile is our top priority. We know that accidents happen, which is why we offer emergency dental care for our patients in Berthoud, CO. If you have a dental emergency, don’t hesitate to give us a call so we can help you get back on track!
New Patients Eligible for Our $99 Special
Includes: Exam, X-Rays, Consultation, & Professional Cleaning *
* In the absence of periodontal disease